10 Comments

1. Sofia
    11/6/2013

Dearest Peg, just the other day I said, “I give up” “I’m just letting it go, letting handstands go…” Just read your blog entry and it sang to my heart
    Muchos mahalos
    Sofia

2. 11/6/2013

In my ever diligent quest to find a way to avoid Kapotasana, I thank you.

3. StEvE
    11/6/2013

Great post. Thank you. The tortoise and the hare eh?

4. Anna
    11/6/2013

Yesterday, I got called out to take my heels on my first kapo attempt. I slipped and tried again. Today I got it on first try. Several years after first getting the pose. Making the impossible possible.

5. 11/7/2013

There have been times when I’ve pretty much given up on ever doing a posture and sometimes when I’ve just surrendered and gone beyond caring whether I do it then magically it’s come.

6. Stacy I
    11/7/2013

Hi Peg – Thanks for this – yes we’ve all found quicksand somewhere in the practice. For me currently its in Third – all the arm balances! This is my third time coming back to it…and this time my escape from the quicksand seems somewhat possible!

7. wenda
    11/7/2013

Thank you so much for this post!!I’ve been struggling with the backbends in Intermediate for months now, and just recently wondered if I should be practicing at all, especially after recently losing the ability to stand up from backbends (which took me forever to begin with)..I’d finally decided to just keep practicing, no matter how humbling each practice is, then saw your post today. It’s comforting to know I’m not alone in these struggles. Thank you again.

8. […] I was jealous of all the people getting to do that pose, get that assist, have that form and … I felt my frustration build that almost everyone else in the room had that connection and rapport with a teacher, and have that community to practice with nearly every day of the week. […]